Posted by Grace Feng on March 30, 2012
The narrative or talks in TV episodes are in natural day to day language. You can learn and imitate the tone and the way people talk that express real emotions. In this series of posts, I’ll record excerpts into mp3 from a popular TV episode “Unsettled Youth” (or “We Have Nowhere to Place Youth”) 我们无处安放的青春 wǒmen wúchù ānfàng de qīngchūn and add Chinese, pinyin and translation to it.
I’d recommend you to listen to it first. Then read the Chinese script, make sure you understand the meaning of each line. You’d better have a good online dictionary handy to help you lookup the new words if the translation couldn’t help you clearly understand certain words. repeat with it for as many times as you need, until you can read the lines in Chinese by yourself. Repeat with the recording, pause or rewind if you need. Compare your pronunciation with the recording and tune your tones.
At last, go watch the video below. See whether you can totally enjoy the part where the excerpt was. I’ll give you a brief introduction on what was happening in the video:
The university student 李然 lǐ rán had a crush on his teacher 罗惠 luó huì. He helped her teacher to get chalk on the class and carried the gas tank upstairs. 罗惠 luó huì liked him too. Then they had an affair, which was not tolerable in Chinese school system. The principle had a talk with 罗惠 luó huì on this. But 罗惠 luó huì didn’t think there’s anything wrong with it. She had no intention to keep their relationship a secret. This was definitely not allowed by the school. Finally she left the school and went abroad without saying goodbye to 李然 lǐ rán. 李然 lǐ rán was crushed.
The following is the audio excerpt of the narrative at the beginning:
Over the years
wǒ zǒngshì zuò tóngyī gè mèng
I’ve had the same dream over and over again
luó huì, wǒ de dàxué lǎoshī
Luo Hui, my teacher in the university
zǒngshì zài wǒ de mèng lǐ
always appear in my dreams
zài tóngyàng de jìjié
in the same season
tóngyàng de chǎngjǐng yǔ wèidao zhōng
in the same surrounding and style
yǐ tóngyàng de bùfá hé mùguāng
at the same pace and with the same look in her eyes
xiàng wǒ zǒu lái
walking towards me
méiyǒu sīháo de piānchā
there’s no slight difference
tā zǒngshì zhèyàng de shéntài
She was always in the same manner
ānjìng ér dàiyǒu fùyù de fēnfāng
quiet and fragrant
zài tā róuhé de mùguāng zhōng
In her soft eyes
yě bǎohán zhe jué jué yǔ guǒduàn
There’s also determination and strong will.
zhǐshì nàshí, wǒ hái dú bùdǒng tā
But at that time, I couldn’t read her mind.
- Learn to speak Chinese in “native accent” by dubbing Chinese movie or TV episode (1) As I’ve suggested in previous post on Chinese TV episode , to...
- Learn to speak Chinese in “native accent” by dubbing Chinese movie or TV episode (2) Continue on our previous post on Learn to speak Chinese in “native...
- Learn Chinese from Chinese TV episode – 新结婚时代 (1) “新结婚时代 xīn jiéhūn shídài (New Era of Marriage)” is a TV episode...
- Learn to speak Chinese from a Chinese movie – Go Lala go! One of the key goals of this Learn Chinese Online FREE blog...
- Learn Chinese from Chinese TV episodes – 新结婚时代 (3) 新结婚时代 xīn jiéhūn shídài (New Era of Marriage)” is a Chinese TV episode...
- Learn Chinese from Chinese TV episodes – 新结婚时代 (4) 新结婚时代 xīn jiéhūn shídài (New Era of Marriage)” is a Chinese TV episode...
- Learn Chinese from Chinese TV episodes – 新结婚时代 (2) 新结婚时代 xīn jiéhūn shídài (New Era of Marriage)” is a TV episode...
- Lesson 4 How to ask questions in Chinese (1) Asking questions might have become your basic needs when you’re learning a...
Category: Chinese speaking practice
Tags: Chinese listening and speaking, Chinese TV episode, how to speak Chinese, learn Chinese blog, Learn Chinese from Chinese TV episode, learn Chinese online, learn Chinese online FREE, learn mandarin online, Learn to speak mandarin
|You can share this post here:|