Posted by Grace Feng on July 29, 2012
Learn Mandarin Online via reading mini short story is a good way to improve your language skills. Take a small bite a day. Don’t rush yourself. As long as you persist on reading and learning, when you finish the story, you’ll be surprised at how much you’ve learned.
This story is the very first short story that I’ve written for this blog. I enjoyed writing it, and I hope you will enjoy reading it too. I’d be really happy to hear any feedback from your reading and learning experience, no matter it’s positive or negative. Any corrections on my English translation is also welcomed, I need help on my English writing as well, please help! Thanks … :-)
There are vocabulary table, pinyin and English translation to help you read and learn new words and expressions. Hope these annotations do help …
To check how reading levels are rated, please click here.
tā de juédìng chàdiǎnr ràng yǎngfù yǎngmǔ yūn le guòqu。 tāmen yòngjìn gèzhǒng fāngshì quànshuō tā fàngqì zhège yòuzhì de xiǎngfǎ， kěshì dōu wúfǎ gǎibiàn tā de juédìng。
hěn kuài tā shàng le xīnwén tóutiáo。 bèi chēngwéi” yīngxióng de qīzi”， chéngwéi tóngxué men de bǎngyàng。
nà yī tiāntiān shàngxià zhe méngméng de xìyǔ, tā tuī zhe lúnyǐ shàng xìngfú wēixiào zhe de zhàngfu， zài lǐngdǎo， lǎoshī， tóngxué men de zhùfú zhōng shàng le huǒchē。 dāng chēmén bèi jǐnjǐn guānshang shíhou, tā pànwàng de mùguāng hái tíngliú zài yuǎnchù zhàntái de rùkǒu。 kěshì yǎng fùmǔ bìng méiyǒu chūxiàn。 tāmen wúfǎ jiēshòu zhège xiànshí， dǔ qì yǔ tā tuōlí le fùmǔ guānxi。 shāngxīn guòdù de yǎngmǔ cǐshí zhèng tǎng zài bìngchuáng shàng shū zhe yè.
|Simplified Chinese||Traditional Chinese||Mandarin Pinyin||English Definition|
|差点儿||差點兒||cha4 dian3 r5||almost; barely;|
|让||讓||rang4||to let sb do sth|
|晕||暈||yun1||to lose consciousness; to pass out;|
|用尽||用盡||yong4 jin4||to exhaust; to use up completely;|
|方式||方式||fang1 shi4||way; method; manner|
|劝说||勸說||quan4 shuo1||to persuade; persuasion; to advise;|
|幼稚||幼稚||you4 zhi4||young; childish; naive;|
|改变||改變||gai3 bian4||to change; to alter; to transform;|
|头条||頭條||tou2 tiao2||lead story (on the news);|
|榜样||榜樣||bang3 yang4||example; model;|
|蒙蒙||蒙蒙||meng2 meng2||drizzle (of rain or snow);|
|细雨||細雨||xi4 yu3||fine rain; drizzle; poem by Tang poet Li Shangyin 李商隱|李商隐;|
|推||推||tui1||to push forward|
|幸福||幸福||xing4 fu2||happiness; happy; blessed;|
|祝福||祝福||zhu4 fu2||blessings; to wish sb well;|
|盼望||盼望||pan4 wang4||to hope for; to look forward to;|
|目光||目光||mu4 guang1||sight; vision;|
|停留||停留||ting2 liu2||to stay somewhere temporarily; to stop over;|
|远处||遠處||yuan3 chu4||distant place;|
|站台||站台||zhan4 tai2||platform (at a railway station);|
|无法||無法||wu2 fa3||unable; incapable;|
|接受||接受||jie1 shou4||to accept; to receive;|
||du3 qi4||to act rashly out of a feeling of injustice;|
|脱离||脫離||tuo1 li2||to separate oneself from; to break away from;|
|关系||關係||guan1 xi4||relation; relationship;|
|过度||過度||guo4 du4||excessive; over-;|
|此时||此時||ci3 shi2||now; this moment;|
|躺||躺||tang3||to recline; to lie down;|
|病床||病床||bing4 chuang2||hospital bed; sickbed;|
|输液||輸液||shu1||intravenous infusion; to get put on an IV;|
Upon hearing her decision, her parents almost passed out. They tried all they could to persuade her to give up this absurd decision. However, a girl in love like her, could not listen to anything.
Soon her name was in the news headlines, she became a model for the rest of the school. Too young to get married by law, her marriage was approved from high above.
That day, it was raining lightly, pushing a smiling husband in the wheel chair, she was escorted and blessed by officials, teachers, and students to get on the train. When the door of the train shut tightly, her eyes were still searching the entrance of the platform. However, her parents didn’t show up. Devestated, her parents revoked their parental relationship with her. The broken hearted adoptive mother was lying in bed at this time with a transfusion solution.
(Special thanks to Thomas Doherty for proofreading and editing my English translation!)
- Learn Mandarin Online Short Story – 她的故事 Her Story  (Intermediate) Learn Mandarin Online via reading mini short story is a good way...
- Story Time! Listen to a story (for adults) read in mandarin and learn Chinese online Listening to stories read in mandarin might be the best way to...
- A Short Chinese essay (translation from Yeats’s poem) for Learn Mandarin practice Watching a short Chinese essay being read via online video might be...
- Learn Mandarin video story show – a touching true story – “My Ugly Child” In this Learn Mandarin online post, you’ll watch a true story that...
- Learn Mandarin online practice – A man is telling another woman about his wife – Real Love and Maturity I’ve been sick for quite a few days. Now I’m very happy...
- Learn Mandarin through a Chinese fairy tale – Movie 白蛇传说 (Legend of White Snake) 白蛇传说 bái shé chuánshuō (Legend of White Snake) is a folk legend that went down Chinese...
- What’s for tonight: Suspense Movie “门” + Learn Mandarin! Does anybody love suspense movie? Ever watched one in Chinese? Let’s try...
- Learn to speak mandarin from TV episode excerpt – Unsettled Youth – 我们无处安放的青春 (3) An audio excerpt from a TV episode is a very good learning...
Category: Chinese short stories
|You can share this post here:|