Posted by Grace Feng on April 4, 2012
If you are learning Chinese and hope you can add this language skill in your resume, you might come to this question sooner or later – can I actually handle a job interview in Chinese? Or can I actually get a job that requires Chinese?
Job interview might be among the toughest setting for you to practice your second language. With all the pressure and stress built up towards the real-time “show yourself and tell”, you might not be able to present your best language skills under the spot light.
However, there’s nothing preventing you from preparing and practicing for a real interview if you have enough determination and will power. Nothing is too hard to achieve for the determined mind.
In the following video, you’ll see a new university grad being interviewed for a sales position in Lenovo Group. I’ve writen down the interviewer’s questions in Chinese below the video, together with pin yin and English translation. See if you can understand their questions and respond with your own answers in Chinese?
The young lady was a bit nervous in the interview, but after all her confidence and communication skills impressed the interviewers.
1. néngbùnéng qǐng nín jiǎndān tán yīxià nín de zhuānyè de yīxiē nèiróng, jiùshì jièshào yīxià nín denàge zhuānyè?
1. 能不能请您简单谈一下您的专业的一些内容, 就是介绍一下您的那个专业?
Could you please give us a brief introduction on what your major is about?
2. nín néngbùnéng lái jiǎndān de jièshào yīxià tōngguò sì nián de dàxué xuéxí, nín zài zhuānyèfāngmiàn hé zài gèrén nénglì fāngmiàn dōu dé dàoliǎo nǎxiē shōuhuò?
2. 您能不能来简单的介绍一下通过四年的大学学习, 您在专业方面和在个人能力方面都得到了哪些收获?
Could you please tell us that, after four year study in the university, what accomplishments you’ve made on both your major and your overall capability?
3. nín wèishénme lái yìngpìn zhège zhíwèi, nín juéde nín de yōushì zài nǎ fāngmiàn ne?
3. 您为什么来应聘这个职位, 您觉得您的优势在哪方面呢?
Why did you apply for this position? What advantages do you think you have for this position?
4. nín zài yèyú huódòng de shíhou zhǔyào cānjiā nǎxiē shètuán ne?
During your spare time at school, what kind of interest clubs and groups did you join?
5. nǐ rènwéi tōngguò cānjiā zhèxiē huódòng zuì dà de shōuhuò shì shénme ne?
What did you gain most from those clubs and groups?
6. nǐ néng yòng jǐge jiǎndān de zì miáoshù yīxià zìjǐ de xìnggé tèzhēng ma?
Could you describe your personality in a few words?
7. néng gàosu yīxià nǐ zài xuéxiào de zōnghé páimíng shì chǔ zài shénme wèizhi ma?
Regarding your overall performance at school, could you please tell me what rank you were at?
8. nǐ néng jǔ yī gè nǐ zài dàxué lǐ kū guò de lìzi, nǐ yòu wèishénme kū ne?
8. 你能举一个你在大学里哭过的例子, 你又为什么哭呢?
Could you tell me about one time you cried at the school, and why?
9. qǐngwèn yīxià nǐ hé nǐ tóng qǐnshì tóngxué zhījiān de guānxì?
How to describe your social relationships with your roomates?
10. dāng chǎnshēng jùtǐ de chōngtū de shíhou, nǐ néng jiěshì yīxià nǐ zěnme jiějué chōngtū de ma?
10. 当产生具体的冲突的时候, 你能解释一下你怎么解决冲突的吗?
Could you please explain how did you resolve conflict when conflict happened?
If you don’t know Lenovo (previous Legend), here is a brief introduction (courtesy of Wikimedia):
“Lenovo is the world’s second largest PC maker and markets the ThinkPad line of notebook PCs and ThinkCentre line of desktops. These brands became part of Lenovo’s offerings after its 2005 acquisition of IBM‘s personal computer business. Lenovo also sells the IdeaPad line of notebook computers. Lenovo markets its products directly to consumers, small to medium size businesses, and large enterprises, as well as through online sales, company-owned stores, chain retailers, and major technology distributors and vendors.”
Let me know how much you could understand the video and how well you answered the questions.
Wish you the best in your Chinese study and your career pursuit …… see you tomorrow, my dear friends!
Category: Chinese speaking practice
|You can share this post here:|